Thursday, February 21, 2013

RESTimony 1


“Now Sabbath gives me space to not take on any of the negative feelings about being underemployed and other thoughts that try to chip away at my identity in Christ.”

God is not found in the soul by adding anything
but by subtracting. -Meister Eckbart
I also just wanted to share how Sabbath helps me with my identity in Christ.  Back when I had a full time demanding job of teaching high school I was able to really disconnect from my titles and just rest in the fact that God loves me for who he made me to be and not all I can  accomplish. When I was going through the process of knowing I would be laid off at the end of the year Sabbath gave me a place to rest and not think of what is next.  Now Sabbath gives me space to not take on any of the negative feelings about being underemployed and other thoughts that try to chip away at my identity in Christ.  And I know that I should be living like this daily but sometimes if I'm not focused on abiding it creeps in.  Sabbath allows me to get back on track and hopefully helps me to keep my identity in Christ central.

-anonymous testimony


No comments:

Post a Comment